Sunday, December 03, 2006

Stop Motion

Stop Motion Animation has always intrigued me. Not quite animation, not quite video, not quite photography. It's almost a category of its own. But after all these years of film making, I have never once made a stop motion animation film. And, I wanted to squeeze a Christmasy video on here before the class officially ended. So, here is my first attempt. This is the product of hours of surprisingly frustrating work.

A tip for anyone interested in trying this: Always make sure your hand is completely out of frame before moving on to the next position. I cannot stress this enough. Also, hats off to those who do this for a living. I cannot imagine how much work goes into a project longer than 40 seconds...









As I mentioned above, the videoblogging class is coming to an end. This is, in fact, the last "official" post for the class. Will I post more? Oh defiantely (actually, this video here has given me an idea for some videos... check for them in 2007). Will I post every week? Highly doubtful. I will post, however, as often as my schedule allows, and as often as my brain can keep pumping out ideas. We're just getting started. So stay tuned. More Skim Milk after these messages...

8 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Rockin' dude.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

ha!! the lady with you saying the weird sound was so satisfying! Also, damn, this must have taken forever. Impressive!

5:32 PM  
Blogger aka Victoria Lucas said...

too bad you didn't have some mailman giving us exposition. seriously, though, a bijillion hours of moving those dolls? wow.

7:53 PM  
Blogger AndrewHart said...

I've been toying around with the stop motion idea for ever. Now I have the inspiration to actually get off my couch and do it. thanks.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Melinda Burns said...

I think this is my favorite post of yours for all semester. Do I dare ask how long it took?? Nice work!

8:53 AM  
Blogger zach kmiec said...

man, that kitchen floor makes an excellent snow! sweet vid, I dug the ending bluaahhhh. will check back after these messages.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

obviously quite festive, I am glad to finally see a stop animation film, and you did a good job with this one. Your signature is great at the end. MUSIC!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great music. Very traditional.

-Casey

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home